Japan’s Naomi Osaka serves to Croatia’s Donna Vekic during their Porsche tennis Grand Prix match in Stuttgart, Germany, Friday April 26, 2019. (Marijan Murat/dpa via AP)STUTTGART, Germany — Top-ranked Naomi Osaka came from behind in the final set to beat Donna Vekic 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (4) on Friday and reach the semifinals of the Porsche Grand Prix.Osaka easily won the first set before Vekic looked to have seized control of the match by winning the second and building up a 5-1 lead in the third.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Comelec assures no disruption in operations with retirement of execs Third-seeded Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic came from behind to beat Latvia’s Anastasija Sevastova 2-6, 6-2, 6-3 and reach the semifinals for the third time.“It’s nice to be in the semifinal again. It’s still a lot of work to do,” Kvitova said. “I didn’t reach the final here yet, so hopefully this time will be better.”Kvitova will play Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands, who beat Germany’s Angelique Kerber, a two-time champion in Stuttgart, 6-3, 6-4.___ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ P260,000 each in aid to displaced Marawi folk released by US LATEST STORIES But Osaka, who twice was two points from defeat, regrouped to win five straight games and force the tiebreaker, which she wrapped up after two early mini breaks. The win sends her into her first semifinal since winning the Australian Open in January.“It means a lot I think, especially since it’s clay,” Osaka said. “I spent a really long time after Miami just training on clay, trying to get comfortable with it, and I’m really happy that that paid off.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsOsaka will next face eighth-seeded Anett Kontaveit of Estona, who moved on when Victoria Azarenka retired with an injury.Kontaveit led 3-0 in the third set when Azarenka was forced to quit with an injury that affected her service motion. Sarah Geronimo’s ‘Tala’ enters Billboard’s world digital song sales chart Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Tim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’ Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games00:50Trending Articles02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award03:05Malakanyang bilib sa Phivolcs | Chona Yu Duterte says he will appoint Gamboa as next PNP chief ‘Duterte legacy:’ Gov’t boasts achievements so far View comments Mexico’s Estrada dethrones Thai champion Srisaket for super flyweight belt Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption
Here is a short preview of the fantastic Donegal expedition team, driving on the death road in Bolivia, and scaling a volcano to 17,551ft, 351ft higher than the boys on Top Gear!It must have been a nervy journey, well done lads. 🙂 Just click on the video above to play and watch the remarkable feats achieved by the Donegal lads.DDTV: WATCH DONEGAL MEN SCALE VOLCANO AND DRIVE ON WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS ROAD was last modified: June 7th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Featuresnews
1 Bournemouth are to start looking for a site to build a new stadium away from their existing home for the start of the 2020-21 season.Chief executive Neill Blake issued a statement on Friday afternoon confirming the club board had taken the decision following on-going discussions over plans to develop the 11,464-capacity Vitality Stadium with owners Structadene and Bournemouth Borough Council.The Cherries won three promotions in six seasons to rise from League Two into the top flight of English football for the first time under manager Eddie Howe in 2015 before then retaining their Premier League status.A club statement read: “The shareholders want to create a legacy of AFC Bournemouth becoming an established Premier League club in a stadium which is befitting of our status, and we believe that building a new stadium on a new site will allow us to deliver that.”Bournemouth have been established at their current site in Kings Park since 1910, with a brief spell at Dorchester’s Avenue Stadium during 2001 following building work at their home ground.However, the Vitality Stadium, formerly known as Dean Court, holds the smallest capacity of any Premier League club, which must accommodate some 6,827 season ticket holders and is only able to offer a maximum allocation of 1,366 seats for away supporters.Proposals had been submitted up to redevelop the South Stand.Blake’s statement, though, confirmed the issue over ownership and planning meant the board had decided to take the difficult decision to explore options away from their long-established home.“It has always been the board of directors’ preferred option to buy the stadium back from Structadene and develop a Premier League-standard stadium on the current site at Kings Park. However, following discussions over a number of months with both Structadene and Bournemouth Borough Council’s planning department, it has become apparent that this will not be possible,” the statement said.“Firstly, we are not going to develop a stadium we do not own and will not be held to ransom over a price to purchase the existing site. And secondly, the council’s planning department have made it clear that they would not welcome a significantly bigger stadium in Kings Park, meaning we are severely constricted in what we can achieve on this site with regards to size, capacity and facilities.“Therefore, we feel we have no other option but to find a new site and are working closely with Bournemouth Borough Council to identify a suitable location.“The board and shareholders have given great thought to meet not only the needs, but also the expectations, of supporters.“It is crucial that we have a capacity that meets the ever-growing demand for tickets, that we are able to provide access for disabled supporters that meets new government guidelines, that we can improve and increase our hospitality offering and that we have a stadium that is used throughout the year by the community, and not just on matchdays.“We are working tirelessly to identify a site and it is our ambition that a new stadium would be built in time for the start of the 2020-21 season.” Bournemouth’s current stadium
Share This!We are just a few weeks away from Toy Story 4 hitting theaters and to gear up for the fun, Disney Parks will be showing a special sneak preview for the film.Guests looking to catch the preview can do so at Disneyland in the Tomorrowland Theater.Moving over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can catch the preview as part of the Walt Disney Presents attraction.The previews for Toy Story 4 begin on both coasts on May 24.If you’ll be sailing on Disney Cruise Line, you’ll be able to catch the sneak preview on sailings from May 24-June 30 and finally, if you are visiting Disneyland Paris, you’ll be able to see it at the Studio Theater in the Walt Disney Studios Park from June 18-28.Toy Story 4 hits theaters on June 21.
17 October 2014Electricity utility Eskom has plugged its first wind farm into the national grid. The Sere wind farm, 350km north of Cape Town, is the utility’s first large-scale renewable energy project.The farm is a major step towards reducing South Africa’s reliance on coal-powered energy and is in accordance with the National Development Pan which makes allowance for renewable energy projects.While the farm has been plugged in, it will only be fully operational in March next year, when it will contribute an additional 100MW to the country’s electricity supply. At the moment it can generate 16MW of power, enough to light up 30 000 homes. Along with generating power, the project has created almost 400 direct jobs to the Matzikama community during construction. The project will also need skilled maintenance technicians over it estimated 20-year lifespan. In this same period it is expected to reduce carbon emissions by up to six million tons.Eskom is collaborating with Agence Française de Developpement, African Development Bank and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and technology company Siemens to build the farm, which upon completion will comprise 46 type SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines. Each turbine will be able to generate 2.3MW of electricity. Siemens will also assist with servicing and maintenance for five years after total completion on the farm.SAinfo reporter